In October, an amazing readathon is going to happen. VICTOBER!!
Basically its a readathon where you just read Victorian literature, there are also 5 challenges. It is being hosted by 4 booktubers, they are:
Lucy from Lucythereader
Ange from Beyond the pages
Kate from Kate Howe
Katie from Books and Things
There is also a Goodreads group that you can join. Goodreads
For the readathon you just have to read Victorian novels, you don’t have to do the challenges if you don’t want to. The hosts each picked a challenge, and there is a general challenge. The challenges are:
- Lucy’s challenge: Read a Victorian book written by a woman anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- Ange’s challenge: Read a book by one of the hosts’ favourite Victorian authors (Charlotte Brontë, Charles Dickens, Elizabeth Gaskell or Thomas Hardy)
- Kate’s challenge: Read a Victorian book with a proper noun (i.e. a place name or person’s name) in the title.
- Katie’s challenge: Read a book from the first ten years of the Victorian period and/or a book from the last ten years of the Victorian period (i.e. 1837-1847 or 1891-1901)
- General challenge: Read a Victorian book and watch a screen adaptation of it.
They are also doing a read along with the book, Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell.
This is my TBR for Victober.
The book for each challenge
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
I may cheat and just use Wuthering Heights, only to see Tom Hardy, but I might also read Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens.
I’m so looking forward to this readathon, I might not finish all of the challenges, because there are some other books that I want to read in October. So we shall see what happens.
I really hope some of you guys decide to take part, even if you just read one Victorian novel.
Happy reading guys!